Sunday, July 8, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake

KD Dave's mother made a shortcake that became something she was known quite well for. Dave blessed us with this tasty treat.

Recipe: Cloud Biscuit

Double biscuit recipe for shortcake.

2 c flour
1 tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c shortening
1 egg
2/3 c milk

Combine dry ingredients.
Cut in shortening till pebbly.
Beat milk and egg together.
Mix into dry ingredients.

For biscuits knead a few time and roll out and cut biscuits.

For shortcake divide in half and spread on two cookie sheets.

Bake at 450 10 - 15 minutes until done.

Cut biscuit in half and layer strawberries in center. Then top portion of biscuit then more strawberries.

Strawberry topping. 4-6 lbs of strawberries chopped or mashed for lots of juice.



1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This is what I've known all my life as a "gillette", learned from my father. I never thought I'd miss it but I have for 20 years. I'll have a memory and an joy for you entering this recipe!

    ReplyDelete